Please read the attached message from Fire Chief Andy Grieve
From Freeport Fire & Rescue Chief Andy Grieve
The Freeport Fire & Rescue Department WILL continue to respond to all calls during the COVID-19 pandemic. To protect our department members and their families, we will be making some changes in our response protocol. We are asking for your cooperation to limit the spread of COVID-19 disease.
IF YOU NEED TO CALL 911:
- Please answer the dispatcher’s questions truthfully.
- When the Department arrives to your emergency, we will be keeping a safe, physical distance until we have all our protective equipment on. You may be handed a mask to wear, and/or asked to sit outside while we respond to your emergency.
- We will be limiting the number of emergency personnel to 2 or 3 individuals that are in direct contact with you.
These slight changes are to mitigate the chance of our local, emergency responders from having to be place into self-quarantine. If we must place our responders into self-quarantine, that makes it more challenging to respond to others who may also need help.
Please follow the CDC’s and the MDH’s guidance to minimize the spread.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your cough and sneezes
- Avoid close contact
- Stay home if you are sick or feeling ill
MN Dept of Heath Guidelines:
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: